Roe v. Wade anniversary celebrated
January 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Politicians and Planned Parenthood officials celebrated the 40th anniversary of the Roe vs. Wade Supreme Court decision Wednesday night.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and former Obama campaign strategist David Axelrod were both featured speakers at Wednesday night's event in the West Loop.
Several pro-life demonstrators also gathered outside to protest the landmark case, which legalized abortion on the national level.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 53 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case 49 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates 18 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
55 min ago
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
53 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
57 min ago