Another armed robbery at suburban salon
January 24, 2013 (BRIDGEVIEW, Ill.) (WLS) -- There has been another armed robbery at a Chicago area hair salon, marking at least a dozen robberies so far in Chicago, Niles, Skokie, Glen Ellyn and Lombard. The latest is in suburban Broadview.
The latest event happened around 11:30 Wednesday morning, startling the stylists inside who had just been warned by their managers to be on the lookout for trouble.
A man seen on surveillance tape robbing the Hair Cuttery Salon in Skokie may be the same man who knocked off the Hair Cuttery in Broadway late Wednesday morning.
It is the latest in a series of hair salons that appear to be targeted.
In a statement the Broadview police say he's a 30-45 year old white male, 5'-7" to 6 feet tall, 200-230 pounds, who shows employees a black handgun and demands money. A stylist confirmed she was confronted by the robber but her manager would not confirm details about the incident.
"We're keeping all of our stylists safe, they are following proper procedure and we are doing everything we can to help with the police," said Hair Cuttery district manager Leah Lussem.
Next door the manager of the local Subway restaurant expressed shock at the robbery.
"It's dangerous, man, I thought it was going to be a safe neighborhood," said Bharat Patel. I've been managing the store for about three years and I didn't think it was going to happen in this neighborhood."
On January 14, a man robbed a Hair Cuttery in the 8300 block of Golf Rd. at gunpoint. Police believe the same offender robbed two salons in Skokie.
On Monday, a Great Clips in Chicago was also robbed.
The Broadview Police Chief has expressed great confidence that the suspect is responsible for this incident, as well as several others.
Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest in this case.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 16 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 2 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 21 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos