Another armed robbery at suburban salon
January 24, 2013 (BRIDGEVIEW, Ill.) (WLS) -- There has been another armed robbery at a Chicago area hair salon, marking at least a dozen robberies so far in Chicago, Niles, Skokie, Glen Ellyn and Lombard. The latest is in suburban Broadview.
The latest event happened around 11:30 Wednesday morning, startling the stylists inside who had just been warned by their managers to be on the lookout for trouble.
A man seen on surveillance tape robbing the Hair Cuttery Salon in Skokie may be the same man who knocked off the Hair Cuttery in Broadway late Wednesday morning.
It is the latest in a series of hair salons that appear to be targeted.
In a statement the Broadview police say he's a 30-45 year old white male, 5'-7" to 6 feet tall, 200-230 pounds, who shows employees a black handgun and demands money. A stylist confirmed she was confronted by the robber but her manager would not confirm details about the incident.
"We're keeping all of our stylists safe, they are following proper procedure and we are doing everything we can to help with the police," said Hair Cuttery district manager Leah Lussem.
Next door the manager of the local Subway restaurant expressed shock at the robbery.
"It's dangerous, man, I thought it was going to be a safe neighborhood," said Bharat Patel. I've been managing the store for about three years and I didn't think it was going to happen in this neighborhood."
On January 14, a man robbed a Hair Cuttery in the 8300 block of Golf Rd. at gunpoint. Police believe the same offender robbed two salons in Skokie.
On Monday, a Great Clips in Chicago was also robbed.
The Broadview Police Chief has expressed great confidence that the suspect is responsible for this incident, as well as several others.
Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest in this case.
- Dangerous cold doesn't deter fans from Bears game 8 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 36 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Dangerous cold doesn't deter fans from...
8 min ago