Barrington teachers may strike if deal isn't reached
January 25, 2013 (BARRINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Some northwest suburban teachers are one step closer to walking the picket line.
The Daily Herald reports that Barrington area teachers have reached an impasse with the District 220 Board of Education.
If a deal isn't reached in seven days, the two sides will submit their best and final offers to the Illinois Education Labor Relations Board.
If an agreement still is not reached, the earliest teachers could strike is February 20th.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer