Barrington teachers may strike if deal isn't reached
January 25, 2013 (BARRINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Some northwest suburban teachers are one step closer to walking the picket line.
The Daily Herald reports that Barrington area teachers have reached an impasse with the District 220 Board of Education.
If a deal isn't reached in seven days, the two sides will submit their best and final offers to the Illinois Education Labor Relations Board.
If an agreement still is not reached, the earliest teachers could strike is February 20th.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 15 min ago
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders 17 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics 25 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 13 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 10 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant 7 min ago
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape 10 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
15 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos