Metra train hits car in Des Plaines, causes delays
January 25, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Metra train struck an unoccupied car in suburban Des Plaines at River Road and Northwest Highway Friday evening.
Des Plaines police said the car broke down on the tracks and everyone inside got out before the train hit it. No one was injured.
Trains traveling to Harvard, Crystal Lake and Chicago will be delayed through that area because of the accident.
"Trains may be operating up to 25-45 minutes behind schedule. The following trains will be operating behind schedule: #641 to arrive Harvard at 6:46pm; #643 to arrive McHenry at 6:50pm; #645 to arrive Barrington at 6:36pm and #647 to arrive Harvard at 7:19pm," Metra wrote in a service advisory.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 15 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
42 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 12, 2014
17 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
15 min ago