Shedd Aquarium reopens after routine cleaning
January 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Shedd Aquarium was back open for business Friday after being closed for two days while crews did some pre-spring cleaning.
Some of the tasks included sprucing up the coral in the tank of the Caribbean reef exhibit and swapping out thousands of incandescent light bulbs with energy-saving LED's.
The aquarium says the cleaning and maintenance are all routine.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man 47 min ago
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car 14 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos