Diner shooting kills 2, wounds 1
January 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are investigating a shooting that left two people dead and one critically injured outside a 24-hour diner Saturday.
Police remained on the scene of the deadly shooting in the 500-block of West Pershing for hours after gunfire erupted at approximately 4 a.m.
It happened outside Kevin's Hamburger Heaven. A witness says the diner was full of people when somebody wearing a mask approached the restaurant and opened fire out of nowhere.
One victim has been identified as Allen Smiley, 45.
"It's the wrong place, wrong time, and it's senseless," said friend Lamar Baker. "I was just with them. I mean we were celebrating, dancing, doing all type of things. Now he's gone. I can't believe it... Next thing you know, boom, boom, boom. I looked up, and two were on the ground."
The name of the second victim has not been released. A third man was shot in the arm and abdomen, but survived.
local, diane pathieu
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 2 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges 54 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD