One person critically injured in South Side high-rise fire
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was critically injured in a high-rise fire on the city's South Side early Sunday morning.
The fire was on the second-floor of a 16-story building for senior citizens in the 4200-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue.
Fire crews responded shortly after 12:00 a.m. and a department spokesperson says the fire was out by 1:00 a.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 31 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months 58 min ago
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home 51 min ago
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case 27 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
31 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
35 min ago