One person critically injured in South Side high-rise fire
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was critically injured in a high-rise fire on the city's South Side early Sunday morning.
The fire was on the second-floor of a 16-story building for senior citizens in the 4200-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue.
Fire crews responded shortly after 12:00 a.m. and a department spokesperson says the fire was out by 1:00 a.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos