One person critically injured in South Side high-rise fire
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was critically injured in a high-rise fire on the city's South Side early Sunday morning.
The fire was on the second-floor of a 16-story building for senior citizens in the 4200-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue.
Fire crews responded shortly after 12:00 a.m. and a department spokesperson says the fire was out by 1:00 a.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 28 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp between Dan Ryan and... 3 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 42 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 7 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake