One person critically injured in South Side high-rise fire
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was critically injured in a high-rise fire on the city's South Side early Sunday morning.
The fire was on the second-floor of a 16-story building for senior citizens in the 4200-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue.
Fire crews responded shortly after 12:00 a.m. and a department spokesperson says the fire was out by 1:00 a.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 33 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
9 min ago