McCarthy attends Simeon-Whitney Young game at Chicago State
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago State University hosted a high school basketball game Saturday night, less than two weeks after a teenager was shot and killed after a game there.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy was in attendance to see top-ranked Whitney Young played number two Simeon.
He was working and simply dropped by, he said.
"It's about the same security level that we had two weeks ago when the other event happened," McCarthy said. "It has to do with the size of the crowd. In a nationally televised game, we anticipate a lot of people."
McCarthy said the shooting at the Simeon-Morgan Park game on January 16 had nothing to do with the game.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 29 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 47 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 34 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 22 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 42 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
49 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
29 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos