Homewood police fatally shoot person during confrontation
January 27, 2013 (HOMEWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police responding to a call of a disturbance at an apartment in south suburban Homewood shot and killed a person who confronted them Sunday.
Police got a call of a disturbance in the 900 block of Olive Road and when they arrived they were confronted by an occupant. That resulted in the person being fatally shot.
No other details have been released.
Illinois State Police and the Cook County Public Integrity Task Force will now investigate.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 50 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 21 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 41 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
50 min ago