Protesters gather in Hyde Park
January 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Protesters gathered in Hyde Park Monday alleging the University of Chicago police used unwarranted violence against demonstrators Sunday night.
The group, which calls itself "Fearless Leading by the Youth," was protesting the lack of an adult trauma center at the university's hospital.
Three people from the group were arrested and charged with misdemeanors. They were released from police custody Monday morning.
Protestors say they will deliver a petition to university administrators, asking for an explanation.
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis 49 min ago
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome 6 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- NIU hazing death case in court 53 min ago
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4 37 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 21 min ago
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos