Protesters gather in Hyde Park
January 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Protesters gathered in Hyde Park Monday alleging the University of Chicago police used unwarranted violence against demonstrators Sunday night.
The group, which calls itself "Fearless Leading by the Youth," was protesting the lack of an adult trauma center at the university's hospital.
Three people from the group were arrested and charged with misdemeanors. They were released from police custody Monday morning.
Protestors say they will deliver a petition to university administrators, asking for an explanation.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 8 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 51 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD 57 min ago