Protesters gather in Hyde Park
January 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Protesters gathered in Hyde Park Monday alleging the University of Chicago police used unwarranted violence against demonstrators Sunday night.
The group, which calls itself "Fearless Leading by the Youth," was protesting the lack of an adult trauma center at the university's hospital.
Three people from the group were arrested and charged with misdemeanors. They were released from police custody Monday morning.
Protestors say they will deliver a petition to university administrators, asking for an explanation.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home