Georgia Pacific Corporation closing Chicago plant
January 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Atlanta-based Georgia Pacific Corporation is phasing out its Chicago packaging facility at 440 East 138th Street.
Corrugated boxes are made there.
More than one hundred employees are affected and the plant is scheduled to shut down in March.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 45 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 52 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
42 min ago
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of...
45 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
52 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane had Iranian asylum...
48 min ago