Georgia Pacific Corporation closing Chicago plant
January 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Atlanta-based Georgia Pacific Corporation is phasing out its Chicago packaging facility at 440 East 138th Street.
Corrugated boxes are made there.
More than one hundred employees are affected and the plant is scheduled to shut down in March.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 2 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault 53 min ago
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport 44 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913