Drug charges dropped after 3 Schaumburg police officers accused of stealing from dealers
January 29, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Drug charges against three people arrested by three Schaumburg police officers have been dropped after the officers were accused of stealing and reselling illegal drugs from those cases.
Cook County prosecutors say an additional 12 pending drug cases will also be dismissed because the officers worked on them.
Officers John Cichy, Matt Hudak and Terrie O'Brien were arrested earlier this month. They are accused of taking marijuana and cocaine seized in the arrests and reselling the drugs through a street dealer.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop 52 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler