Drug charges dropped after 3 Schaumburg police officers accused of stealing from dealers
January 29, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Drug charges against three people arrested by three Schaumburg police officers have been dropped after the officers were accused of stealing and reselling illegal drugs from those cases.
Cook County prosecutors say an additional 12 pending drug cases will also be dismissed because the officers worked on them.
Officers John Cichy, Matt Hudak and Terrie O'Brien were arrested earlier this month. They are accused of taking marijuana and cocaine seized in the arrests and reselling the drugs through a street dealer.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout