Multi-vehicle crash closes Oakton St. in Park Ridge, Niles near Cumberland
January 29, 2013 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- No one was seriously injured when a school bus struck several vehicles head-on in Park Ridge, officials said.
No one was seriously injured when a school bus struck several vehicles head-on in Park Ridge, officials said.
The driver of the school bus had a medical problem when she lost control of the wheel, and struck as many as five cars, police said. No one was seriously injured, police said, and no students were on board the bus.
Niles police also responded to the crash on Oakton Street near Cumberland. Oakton is closed to all traffic from Greenwood to Oriole while crews clear the wreckage. Drivers are urged to find other routes.
"We just heard a huge boom but then the bus kept going so we didn't really see what happened. We just saw the car like being smashed into the garage. Then actually the engine caught on fire for like two or three minutes. We just had two customers here that rushed over there. They helped the guy out of the car," said Liad Schaom, a witness who works at a nearby business.
local, ben bradley
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 58 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 2 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 16 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 43 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 52 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos