Multi-vehicle crash closes Oakton St. in Park Ridge, Niles near Cumberland
January 29, 2013 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- No one was seriously injured when a school bus struck several vehicles head-on in Park Ridge, officials said.
No one was seriously injured when a school bus struck several vehicles head-on in Park Ridge, officials said.
The driver of the school bus had a medical problem when she lost control of the wheel, and struck as many as five cars, police said. No one was seriously injured, police said, and no students were on board the bus.
Niles police also responded to the crash on Oakton Street near Cumberland. Oakton is closed to all traffic from Greenwood to Oriole while crews clear the wreckage. Drivers are urged to find other routes.
"We just heard a huge boom but then the bus kept going so we didn't really see what happened. We just saw the car like being smashed into the garage. Then actually the engine caught on fire for like two or three minutes. We just had two customers here that rushed over there. They helped the guy out of the car," said Liad Schaom, a witness who works at a nearby business.
local, ben bradley
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 49 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
49 min ago