Multi-vehicle crash closes Oakton St. in Park Ridge, Niles near Cumberland
January 29, 2013 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- No one was seriously injured when a school bus struck several vehicles head-on in Park Ridge, officials said.
No one was seriously injured when a school bus struck several vehicles head-on in Park Ridge, officials said.
The driver of the school bus had a medical problem when she lost control of the wheel, and struck as many as five cars, police said. No one was seriously injured, police said, and no students were on board the bus.
Niles police also responded to the crash on Oakton Street near Cumberland. Oakton is closed to all traffic from Greenwood to Oriole while crews clear the wreckage. Drivers are urged to find other routes.
"We just heard a huge boom but then the bus kept going so we didn't really see what happened. We just saw the car like being smashed into the garage. Then actually the engine caught on fire for like two or three minutes. We just had two customers here that rushed over there. They helped the guy out of the car," said Liad Schaom, a witness who works at a nearby business.
local, ben bradley
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 15 min ago
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight 33 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
15 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos