4 out of previous 7 Illinois governors went to prison
January 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Of Illinois' last seven governors, four have ended up in prison.
Rod Blagojevich was governor from 2002 to 2009. He was convicted of numerous corruption charges in 2011, including allegations that he tried to sell or trade President Barack Obama's old Senate seat. He is currently serving a 14-year sentence at a federal prison in Colorado.
Blagojevich was impeached on this date, January 30, four years ago.
Dan Walker, governor from 1973 through 1977, pleaded guilty to bank fraud and other charges in 1987 related to his business activities after leaving office. He spent about a year and a half in federal prison.
Otto Kerner, governor from 1961 through 1968, spent three years in prison after being convicted of bribery related charges.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 29 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying drug to reverse overdoses 7 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured 16 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 27 min ago
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime 48 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main...
29 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying drug to...
7 min ago
George Ryan Archives
- 04/07/98: I-Team's investigation leads to Ryan demise
- 12/17/03: Ex. Gov. Ryan indicted on federal charges
- 12/17/03: 6 kids killed in crash that led to license-for-bribes scandal
- 09/29/05: I-Team Report: The Road to Ryan
- 4/17/06: Ryan guilty on all counts
- 9/6/06: Ex. Gov. Ryan gets 6 years in prison
- 11/7/07: Ryan arrives at prison camp
- 12/21/10: Ryan apologizes
- 6/29/11: Ex-Gov. Ryan at Lura Lynn's death bed
- 01/30/13: Ryan leaves prison, on home confinement in Kankakee