West Chicago elementary school teachers threaten to go on strike
January 30, 2013 (WEST CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Teachers in West Chicago Elementary School District 33 say they will strike Monday if a contract agreement with the school board is not reached.
The teachers union and the school board initiated negotiations more than 16 months ago.
They say, although some progress has been made, several issues remain unsettled, including class size protections, teacher evaluations, salary, health insurance and retirement provisions for employees.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds