Gary police chase ends with 2 killed in crash
January 30, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A police chase ended with a deadly crash in Gary, Indiana.
It began with a call of a burglary in progress.
The first officer at the scene spotted a gray Dodge Stratus with three people inside. The car took off and the officer followed. Others joined the pursuit.
Police say the chase ended on Monroe Street when the car struck two trees at a high rate of speed.
Two of the three people in the car were killed.
"The initial officer, and then the other officers that came into the area, they activated their emergency equipment, red lights and sirens," said Gary police spokesperson Gabrielle King. "They disregarded all of that."
Police haven't released the names of those killed.The third person was taken to the hospital for treatment of his injuries.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 17 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 56 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 22 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 37 min ago
- 7 in :77