Gary police chase ends with 2 killed in crash
January 30, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A police chase ended with a deadly crash in Gary, Indiana.
It began with a call of a burglary in progress.
The first officer at the scene spotted a gray Dodge Stratus with three people inside. The car took off and the officer followed. Others joined the pursuit.
Police say the chase ended on Monroe Street when the car struck two trees at a high rate of speed.
Two of the three people in the car were killed.
"The initial officer, and then the other officers that came into the area, they activated their emergency equipment, red lights and sirens," said Gary police spokesperson Gabrielle King. "They disregarded all of that."
Police haven't released the names of those killed.The third person was taken to the hospital for treatment of his injuries.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos