Khat found during traffic stop
January 30, 2013 (FAIR OAKS, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police say they found 40 pounds of the drug known as khat in the car of two Chicago area men during a traffic stop.
The khat was in the trunk of a car Indiana officials pulled over on Interstate 65 near the Fair Oaks Exit, officials say. Derald Pike, 28, of Bolingbrook, and Walter Stevenson, 31, of Chicago are charged with drug possession. They are in a northwest Indiana jail.
Khat is grown in Africa and chewed for a euphoric effect.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 3 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 2 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lake Station mayor, wife plead not guilty to corruption charges 51 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77