Khat found during traffic stop
January 30, 2013 (FAIR OAKS, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police say they found 40 pounds of the drug known as khat in the car of two Chicago area men during a traffic stop.
The khat was in the trunk of a car Indiana officials pulled over on Interstate 65 near the Fair Oaks Exit, officials say. Derald Pike, 28, of Bolingbrook, and Walter Stevenson, 31, of Chicago are charged with drug possession. They are in a northwest Indiana jail.
Khat is grown in Africa and chewed for a euphoric effect.
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney 4 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial 39 min ago
- 24 sets of twins break record in Wilmette 5th grade
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos