Trial begins for Mundelein woman accused of attacking ex-husband with sledgehammer
January 30, 2013 (LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The trial is under way for a Mundelein woman accused of attacking her former husband and his new wife with a sledgehammer.
It happened at a home in suburban Lincolnshire back in 2003.
Sandra Rogers was charged and took a plea deal the following year. But last year a judge ordered a trial, saying Rogers was tricked into admitting her role in the crime.
Defense attorneys claim the boyfriend of Rogers daughter carried out the attacks.
Both victims survived.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap