Man arrested in SD in woman's Chicago window fall death
January 31, 2013 (ABERDEEN, S.D.) (WLS) -- A South Dakota man accused of pushing a woman out of a third-floor window in Chicago is fighting extradition to Illinois to face a murder charge.
Twenty-nine-year-old Daniel Neasom, of Aberdeen, was arrested over the weekend in that city. The American News reports (http://bit.ly/XUOmSM ) he made a court appearance Wednesday and refused to voluntarily be returned to Illinois' Cook County. Neasom told the judge he wanted more time and mentioned the prospect of talking to an attorney.
Authorities will go through the legal process of forcing Neasom to be extradited. That could take as long as a month.
Neasom is accused in the death of Cynthia Barnes on July 23, 2011. Her body was found on a sidewalk and an autopsy concluded she died from injuries suffered in a fall.
The 39-year-old victim was found near 58th and Kedzie.
Police said at the time a 28-year-old man was also hospitalized with injuries suffered when he also fell from a third-floor window.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 16 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 18 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 24 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
16 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
18 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket...
24 min ago