Judge suspended for allegedly watching porn in chambers
February 2, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Will County judge has been suspended without pay for sixty days for allegedly watching pornography on a computer in his court chambers.
Judge Joseph Polito was investigated by the Illinois Judical Inquiry Board. The board said there was no direct evidence it affected his work.
However, it said those actions brought disrespect to his office and violated court regulations.
Polito has also promised not to apply for reappointment when his current term expires.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave