Judge suspended for allegedly watching porn in chambers
February 2, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Will County judge has been suspended without pay for sixty days for allegedly watching pornography on a computer in his court chambers.
Judge Joseph Polito was investigated by the Illinois Judical Inquiry Board. The board said there was no direct evidence it affected his work.
However, it said those actions brought disrespect to his office and violated court regulations.
Polito has also promised not to apply for reappointment when his current term expires.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos