Judge suspended for allegedly watching porn in chambers
February 2, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Will County judge has been suspended without pay for sixty days for allegedly watching pornography on a computer in his court chambers.
Judge Joseph Polito was investigated by the Illinois Judical Inquiry Board. The board said there was no direct evidence it affected his work.
However, it said those actions brought disrespect to his office and violated court regulations.
Polito has also promised not to apply for reappointment when his current term expires.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...