Exclusive: Statement from the lone Lane Bryant survivor and her family
February 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Saturday marks the five year anniversary of the murder of five people inside the Lane Bryant clothing store in southwest suburban Tinley Park.
The lone survivor of the massacre and her family released a statement exclusively to ABC7 News:
"At this time we have been advised not to grant interviews, but would like to make a statement.
First we would like to express our deepest appreciation to all of those who have been exceptionally supportive these last five years. Each one of our family members have those who have been so incredible. Also our thanks go out to the numerous law enforcement agencies, especially the members of Tinley Park Police Department, who have been working tirelessly to solve this case. They have been diligent and yet compassionate and are to be commended greatly. We join with them in the belief that one day this man will be caught.
Secondly, we would like to let the families of the other victims know that our thoughts and prayers are with them daily. We share in your struggles in that there are good and bad days, but our lives will never be the same because of that fateful day. Our deepest desire is that justice will be achieved for those 5 extremely courageous women who lost their lives that day.
We believe that there is someone out there who knows something. If this was your mother, sister, or daughter wouldn't you want someone to come forward?
Please help us find this killer. The Tinley Park Police department can be contacted with any tips, no matter how big or small they may seem to you, by phone on the tip line at 708-444-5394 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 37 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 36 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 24 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead 8 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 23 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77