Car smashes into snow plow truck, injuring 2; other accidents reported on slippery roadways
February 2, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Snow moved into the Chicago area early Saturday causing several accidents on the roads and expressways.
At least two people were injured early Saturday when a car collided with a snow plow driver who was trying to clear the roads in southwest suburban Plainfield.
The impact was so hard, the plow broke off and got stuck onto the front of the car, which was traveling near 135th and Kerr.
There was no immediate word on the conditions of the two injured people.
In Chicago, several crashes were reported on the Dan Ryan Expressway overnight. A truck driver going south ended up facing the wrong direction near 47th Street. A a tow truck driver hauled that vehicle away.
There was no word on any injuries on that crash.
Not far away at 35th Street and the Ryan, a driver ended up on the embankment. There were no reports of any injuries in that incident either.
The Chicago Dept. of Streets and Sanitation says it deployed nearly 200 plows onto main routes and Lake Shore Drive. The plows worked to clear and salt the city's main streets first, then crews were expected to focus on the residential streets.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 16 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 59 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blue Line trains 'significantly' delayed 15 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 39 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 10 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 26 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 34 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 4 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash 38 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
16 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
59 min ago