Oliver Stone in Chicago to talk about new book
February 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Oliver Stone's new book and documentary series takes a provocative look at American history.
Stone is spending time in Chicago this weekend discussing The Untold History of the United States.
"America loves the word, 'war.' War on poverty, it was called, the war on terror. War in Vietnam, war against terrorism, war against evil," Stone said. "I'm a little tired of the word, 'war.' I've been in a war. I can tell you they're very dangerous, and they're stupid, for the most part, illogical. Huge waste of manpower and money."
Stone and co-author professor Peter Kuznick shared their insights and took questions from an audience at the Institute for Puerto Rican Art and Culture.
They also signed copies of their book.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder 8 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas 22 min ago
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen 34 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
49 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen
30 min ago
- Let's Dish: Guinness Steak
57 min ago