Freight train derails in Bellwood
February 2, 2013 (BELLWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Hazmat crews were on the scene where a freight train derailed in Bellwood just before noon on Sunday.
Five freight cars toppled over when the train was being pulled out of the yard.
Several of the cars are reported to be leaking diesel fuel.
No one was injured in the derailment.
Metra trains were briefly delayed just after the incident, but were back to normal a short time later.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 13 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault 46 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia 17 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
14 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
13 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
46 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
39 min ago