3 charged in Aurora's first murder in more than a year
February 3, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Aurora's streak of a year without a murder ended when three men were charged after a woman was fatally beaten and burned Thursday.
The accused are 18-year-old Juan Garnica Jr., 19-year-old Enrique Prado and 20-year-old Jose Becerra.
Police say that the victim, Abigail Villalpando, 18, knew Garnica and Prado.
Garnica allegedly beat her with a hammer then burned her body and dumped it.
Police have not said anything about a motive.
Garnica is charged with first-degree murder.
The others are charged with concealment of a homicide.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 5 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 46 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 34 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
34 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
5 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos