Cook County offers spay/neuter discount
February 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County is trying to make pet healthcare a little bit more affordable.
Cook County residents are getting a $40 discount if they have their cat or dog spayed or neutered in February.
Officials say the operations don't just let your pets live longer and happier lives, but they also cut down on unwanted strays, which cost communities millions of dollars per year to feed.
For more information about the Spay & Neuter discount program, visit the county's website at www.cookcountygov.com, and then click "Agencies" and "Animal and Rabies Control."
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits