Cook County offers spay/neuter discount
February 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County is trying to make pet healthcare a little bit more affordable.
Cook County residents are getting a $40 discount if they have their cat or dog spayed or neutered in February.
Officials say the operations don't just let your pets live longer and happier lives, but they also cut down on unwanted strays, which cost communities millions of dollars per year to feed.
For more information about the Spay & Neuter discount program, visit the county's website at www.cookcountygov.com, and then click "Agencies" and "Animal and Rabies Control."
- Fans subdued after Blackhawks lose Game 3
- Mysterious substance closes Indiana beaches
- Danny Green, Manu Ginobili lead Spurs to Game 5 win over Heat
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruins beat Hawks 2-0, take series lead 2-1
- Mother convicted of killing son exonerated
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- Bill Daley proposes plan to end pension deadlock
- Chicago violence kills 8; 46 shot over weekend
- Ex-Chicago Ald. Medrano convicted in bribery case
- Cops: Man crawled through window, abused girl
- Evanston man accused of stealing, selling, re-stealing car
- Chief Keef pleads guilty to speeding, faces 2nd paternity suit
- abcnews: NSA Leaker Alleges US Spied on Allies
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos