Crundwell ranch sold to nephew for $1M
February 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The quarter horse ranch once owned by former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell has been sold to her nephew for more than $1 million.
Richard Humphrey Junior closed on the property in the 1500-block Of Red Brick Road in Dixon on Friday. He paid $1,134,375.
The nearly 88-acre site has been in the Humphrey family for about 30 years. Crundwell bought the site from her brother in 2011 for $270,000.
In November, Crundwell admitted to stealing more than $53 million from the city of Dixon. She will be sentenced next week.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 4 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault 3 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member 35 min ago
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence 33 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
4 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
3 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
12 min ago