Report: Jewel-Osco store closures coming to Aurora, Niles, Chicago
February 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three Chicago-area Jewel-Osco stores are set to close, affecting hundreds of employees, according to a published report.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Jewel-Osco plans to close stores in Aurora, Niles and Chicago.
The stores closing are located at 1270 North Lake St. in Aurora, 8203 West Golf Rd. in Niles and 3940 East 106th St. in Chicago.
The Aurora store will close next Friday.
Approximately 300 employees will be affected by the closures, but the Tribune says the workers can transfer to other stores.
Jewel-Osco is in the process of being sold to an investment group.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos