Home Depot jobs now available; seasonal hiring under way
February 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In preparation for its busiest selling season, The Home Depot announced it plans to hire 80,000 seasonal workers across the country. Home Depot stores in Chicago are expected to hire 3,000 people to kick off the spring season.
Home Depot says about half of its seasonal hires transitioned into regular positions with the company last year.
Home Depot recently launched an Online Military Skills Translator for returning veterans to help match military skillsets with positions within the company. Both the skills translator and a calendar of military hiring events can be found at www.careers.homedepot.com/military.
Potential candidates can apply for positions at careers.homedepot.com
- Visit http://careers.homedepot.com
- Select "In-Store Hourly" in Chicago
- Click "Search"
Home Depot has 2,256 stores across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot 12 min ago
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- CTA Red Line reconstruction officially...
3 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos