Home Depot jobs now available; seasonal hiring under way
February 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In preparation for its busiest selling season, The Home Depot announced it plans to hire 80,000 seasonal workers across the country. Home Depot stores in Chicago are expected to hire 3,000 people to kick off the spring season.
Home Depot says about half of its seasonal hires transitioned into regular positions with the company last year.
Home Depot recently launched an Online Military Skills Translator for returning veterans to help match military skillsets with positions within the company. Both the skills translator and a calendar of military hiring events can be found at www.careers.homedepot.com/military.
Potential candidates can apply for positions at careers.homedepot.com
- Visit http://careers.homedepot.com
- Select "In-Store Hourly" in Chicago
- Click "Search"
Home Depot has 2,256 stores across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 46 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 56 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary 35 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
46 min ago