Home Depot jobs now available; seasonal hiring under way
February 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In preparation for its busiest selling season, The Home Depot announced it plans to hire 80,000 seasonal workers across the country. Home Depot stores in Chicago are expected to hire 3,000 people to kick off the spring season.
Home Depot says about half of its seasonal hires transitioned into regular positions with the company last year.
Home Depot recently launched an Online Military Skills Translator for returning veterans to help match military skillsets with positions within the company. Both the skills translator and a calendar of military hiring events can be found at www.careers.homedepot.com/military.
Potential candidates can apply for positions at careers.homedepot.com
- Visit http://careers.homedepot.com
- Select "In-Store Hourly" in Chicago
- Click "Search"
Home Depot has 2,256 stores across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 4 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
9 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
4 min ago