Alderman wants public drinking crackdown at South Side Irish Parade
February 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago alderman wants to crack down on people who party too hard during the South Side Irish Parade.
Alderman Matt O'Shea is apparently fed up with people who get drunk during the annual celebration. So he wants to fine them.
Under O'Shea's proposed ordinance, people caught drinking alcohol on the public way within 200 feet of a parade could be fined up to $1,000.
The City Council still has to approve the measure.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave 57 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago 39 min ago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot 20 min ago
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- 7 on your Sideline: A woman breaks through...
35 min ago
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake...
57 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos