Several inches of snow fall in northern suburbs
February 7, 2013 (GURNEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The heaviest snowfall Thursday was in the northern suburbs.
Drivers have had a tough time getting around all day and the evening commute was very challenging.
Some drivers were assessing the damage after spinouts and crashes along the North Shore Thursday evening.
There was no word of any serious injuries in these accidents.
There seemed to be an invisible line in the northern suburbs and once your cross, it you are blanketed with lots of snow.
The roads were dangerous Thursday afternoon and evening through the evening commute.
"They are getting worse," driver Jessica Hubbard said. "Staying right behind everybody else."
In Libertyville Chris Bottorff is on his second driveway.
Thursday's snow is heavier that what the Chicago area has seen recently
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- Chicago fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ex-Benedictine monk pleads guilty to child abduction charge 4 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- Man pleads not guilty to killing wife with machete, suffocating... 55 min ago
- Temps fall, snow expected Sunday
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft
- Uptown fire forces residents out of apartments
- ABC7 To Go, Dec. 5, 2013
56 min ago