Family of alleged sexual abuse victim sues gym
February 7, 2013 (WARRENVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A west suburban trainer was charged with sexually abusing a teenager he worked with at a local gym.
Now the family of the alleged victim is suing the gym Life Time Fitness in Warrenville.
Robert Theodore was charged in September 2012 with abusing the 16-year old victim at Theodore's home and at the gym.
The lawsuit filed Thursday claims Life Time Fitness was warned years ago about Theodore's conduct with other young people.
Life Time Fitness said it's cooperating with authorities and fired Theodore once it learned of the criminal investigations in 2012.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man 53 min ago
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car 20 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos