Firefighters injured battling NW Side house fire
There was a frightening close call for four Chicago firefighters battling a house fire Thursday evening.
A mayday call went out after three firefighters fell when stairs collapsed under them. Another firefighter fell trying to help them.
The fire happened in 5700-block of North Newark on the northwest side. The home was being renovated and no one was inside.
The firefighters suffered minor injuries and were transported to Resurrection Hospital according to the Chicago Fire Department.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 16 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 2 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 38 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster 1 min ago
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Signs of spring under blanket of snow
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
2 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
38 min ago
- Festival Fridays
41 min ago