Chicago Auto Show boasts high tech features
February 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Auto Show media preview boasted modern designs on the outside, with high tech features on the inside.
This year, automakers are connecting the internet to cars through smart phones.
"You know how you can pair your phone via blue tooth to your car? You typically would boot up Pandora on your phone, you can link it to your car and play it off the speakers in your car, pretty cool there," said Kelsey Mays, industry editor for cars.com.
Statistics show that women play a huge role in the car buying process- leading some automakers to incorporate programs geared towards a female audience.
"We partnered with OPI and created three colors based on the Fiesta name plate. We're going to be doing a mani and manual transmission day where you'll learn to drive a manual transmission and get a manicure afterwards," said Seema Bardwaj with Ford USA.
As always, new introductions will take place at the Chicago Auto Show- including the Volkswagen debuting its new Beetle!
"The beetle is one of the most iconic cars in the industry. The Beetle GSR pays tribute to the first edition 40 years ago," said Hendrik Muth with Volkswagen.
Muth said only 3,500 of the limited edition Beetles will be sold worldwide, with half of sales occurring in the US.
The Chicago Auto Show will run from February 9-18 at McCormick Place.
local, roz varon
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 29 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 51 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 48 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives 24 min ago
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 14 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77