Accused salon robber charged in DuPage County stickups
February 8, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- An Evanston man already charged in Cook County in a string of salon robberies now faces charges for robberies in DuPage County.
- STORY: Man reportedly robbed salons to support drug habit
- STORY: Suspect arrested in series of salon robberies
James Logsdon was charged with four counts of armed robbery Friday. DuPage County prosecutors say Logsdon, brandishing a BB gun, robbed four businesses in the county since December 26, a smoke shop in Bensenville, two chain hair salons in Lombard and another in Glen Ellyn.
Logsdon is currently being held without bond in the Cook County Jail following his arrest on similar charges in Cook County.
Court officials in Cook County said that Logsdon admitted he robbed salons to pay for his crack cocaine habit. He focused on salons because many women work there, according to authorities.
- Fardon nominated for US Attorney of Northern District IL 8 min ago
- Fardon nominated for US Attorney of Northern District IL 2 min ago
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos