2013 Chicago Auto Show biggest exhibition of its kind
February 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's a big weekend for the car industry in Chicago. The 2013 Chicago Auto Show opens Saturday at McCormick Place.
From the newest muscle cars, to electric and fuel-efficient models, the big automakers are all there showing off what you'll soon see hitting the road.
And what better way to entice consumers than with the dreams new cars represent. The 2013 Chicago Auto Show bills itself as the largest consumer exhibition of its kind, where prospective buyers can compare prices and features, and do a lot of dreaming on the side, especially through social media.
Millions of dollars of inventory are at the show -- from the Austin Martin-inspired Ford Fusion to the updated Mazda 6 -- not to mention the latest from Mini Cooper, Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen and so many others.
There are even some classic cars to marvel at.
Preparations were under way Friday afternoon for First Look for Charity, the $2.5 million fundraiser for a host of Chicago agencies that kicks off the Auto Show Friday night. The doors open for the general public Saturday morning at 10 a.m.
local, ravi baichwal
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates