2013 Chicago Auto Show biggest exhibition of its kind
February 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's a big weekend for the car industry in Chicago. The 2013 Chicago Auto Show opens Saturday at McCormick Place.
From the newest muscle cars, to electric and fuel-efficient models, the big automakers are all there showing off what you'll soon see hitting the road.
And what better way to entice consumers than with the dreams new cars represent. The 2013 Chicago Auto Show bills itself as the largest consumer exhibition of its kind, where prospective buyers can compare prices and features, and do a lot of dreaming on the side, especially through social media.
Millions of dollars of inventory are at the show -- from the Austin Martin-inspired Ford Fusion to the updated Mazda 6 -- not to mention the latest from Mini Cooper, Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen and so many others.
There are even some classic cars to marvel at.
Preparations were under way Friday afternoon for First Look for Charity, the $2.5 million fundraiser for a host of Chicago agencies that kicks off the Auto Show Friday night. The doors open for the general public Saturday morning at 10 a.m.
local, ravi baichwal
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings vote
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL 1 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Extreme bridal makeover
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Officials: Summer construction to create about 6,500 jobs
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row 29 min ago
- 7 in :77