Super Bowl blackout linked to Chicago company
Saturday, February 09, 2013
February 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Chicago company is linked to last Sunday's blackout at the Super Bowl.
The utility company in New Orleans says the 34-minute Superdome outage was caused by the failure of a relay device.
However, the company that makes the device, S and C Electric of Chicago, disagrees. Company officials say the outage could have been avoided, if the device had been set differently.
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 46 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
46 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links