Inmate allegedly caught in murder for hire plot
February 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An inmate at the Cook County Jail charged with sexually assaulting a minor is now accused of trying to have the victim and her family killed.
Brian Thurman of Melrose Park was charged last month with predatory criminal sexual assault involving an 11-year-old girl.
Thurman offered an undercover sheriff's detective $8000 and his car to kill the victim and her family members, according to the Cook County Sheriff's Office.
The 28-year-old is now facing three counts of murder for hire.
Thurman is expected to appear in bond court on February 10.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence 44 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake