DCFS substantiates Maine West hazing charges
February 10, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Hazing charges against two suburban high school coaches have been substantiated in a state investigation.
The soccer coaches at Maine West High School had already been fired.
Several players said they had been sodomized by teammates.
The new findings by the Department of Children and Family Services concluded one coach is guilty of abuse and neglect and the other of neglect.
Varsity coach Michael Divincenzo and freshman coach Emilio Rodriguez say they knew nothing about the hazing.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 48 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 53 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77