March on Washington tribute highlights celebration
February 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Music and dance performances punctuated Saturday's Black History Month celebration at Navy Pier.
Dancers, musicians and speakers all paid commemorative tribute to the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.
The 1963 march was an important event in the history of the U.S. civil rights movement.
Later, there was a reciting of Dr. Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech.
The event was free.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos