Chinese New Year celebration at DePaul
February 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sunday in Chinese culture, the Year of the Snake takes the place of the Year of the Dragon.
The New Year was celebrated Sunday night at the student center at DePaul University.
The snake is the sixth of the twelve animals that symbolize the Chinese year.
Residents of Chicago's Chinatown joined students in celebrating the event.
The university has nearly 4,000 students from China enrolled.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 17 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 18 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
11 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
17 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
18 min ago