Chinese New Year celebration at DePaul
February 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sunday in Chinese culture, the Year of the Snake takes the place of the Year of the Dragon.
The New Year was celebrated Sunday night at the student center at DePaul University.
The snake is the sixth of the twelve animals that symbolize the Chinese year.
Residents of Chicago's Chinatown joined students in celebrating the event.
The university has nearly 4,000 students from China enrolled.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer