Robberies have CTA riders on alert
February 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are asking CTA riders to be on alert following a series of strong-armed robberies on busses and Red Line trains on the city's South Side.
The suspects have targeted people using cell phones and other portable electronics on the el platforms and bus stops between 55th and 95th Streets during the past month and a half.
Police are urging people to avoid using their phones while waiting for CTA vehicles and to remain aware of their surrounding at all times.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 29 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Video: I-Team: Wanted by international police
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- 1 injured after car collides with school bus in Kenosha
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Woman charged after crashing car into Burbank house
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
29 min ago