Robberies have CTA riders on alert
February 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are asking CTA riders to be on alert following a series of strong-armed robberies on busses and Red Line trains on the city's South Side.
The suspects have targeted people using cell phones and other portable electronics on the el platforms and bus stops between 55th and 95th Streets during the past month and a half.
Police are urging people to avoid using their phones while waiting for CTA vehicles and to remain aware of their surrounding at all times.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings 46 min ago
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages 2 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend 11 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears 43 min ago
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly 25 min ago
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied 17 min ago
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial 15 min ago
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant... 10 min ago
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school...
46 min ago
- Chicago fast food workers protest for...
2 min ago
- Chicago Teachers Union on CPS school closings
45 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos