Air Force cadet from Tinley Park dies
February 12, 2013 (WLS) -- Investigators are trying to determine the cause of death of an Air Force Academy cadet from Chicago's southwest suburbs who was found dead on the Colorado campus.
Academy officials say Cadet 4th Class James Walsh of Tinley Park, Ill., died Saturday night. Officials say academy personnel found Walsh, contacted emergency services and tried to revive the cadet but were unsuccessful.
The Air Force says Walsh was one of three selected from Joint Base Andrews to attend the Academy Preparatory School in 2011. He was previously assigned to the 744th Communications Squadron as a cyber transport systems apprentice. He said he decided to attend the Academy in 2006 after visiting the campus for his cousin's graduation ceremony and after enduring the financial strain of tuition costs at a Maryland college.
The Air Force Academy is located near Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 27 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 59 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All