Air Force cadet from Tinley Park dies
February 12, 2013 (WLS) -- Investigators are trying to determine the cause of death of an Air Force Academy cadet from Chicago's southwest suburbs who was found dead on the Colorado campus.
Academy officials say Cadet 4th Class James Walsh of Tinley Park, Ill., died Saturday night. Officials say academy personnel found Walsh, contacted emergency services and tried to revive the cadet but were unsuccessful.
The Air Force says Walsh was one of three selected from Joint Base Andrews to attend the Academy Preparatory School in 2011. He was previously assigned to the 744th Communications Squadron as a cyber transport systems apprentice. He said he decided to attend the Academy in 2006 after visiting the campus for his cousin's graduation ceremony and after enduring the financial strain of tuition costs at a Maryland college.
The Air Force Academy is located near Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight 16 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend 59 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake