2013 South Side Irish Parade dedicated to first responders
February 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Grand Marshals and honorees at this year's South Side Irish Parade will be the city's first responders and their families.
The parade's committee made the announcement Tuesday at King-Lockhart Memorial Park in the Beverly neighborhood. The park is a memorial to the spot where two firefighters, Patrick King and Anthony Lockhart, were killed in the line of duty 15 years ago.
"And in so diligently doing so, they commit their lives to duty, to honor, and to family, courageously serving our communities, even though some may suffer the ultimate sacrifice in doing so," said Joe Connelly, South Side Irish Parade committee co-chair.
Their widows, who were at Tuesday's announcement, will be leading the parade along with their families and the families of other fallen first responders.
The parade will be held Sunday, March 10.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 39 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 15 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler 1 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
36 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 13, 2014
13 min ago