Free parking in Aurora business district
February 13, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A big parking change is in store for west suburban Aurora: no more parking meters.
According to ABC7 news partners at the Daily Herald, the Aurora City Council approved a plan Tuesday night to make parking free in the central business district.
Later this year, Aurora will implement a color-coded system that allows free parking for 90 minutes or two, three, six or 10 hours.
However, fines for a parking ticket will increase, and so will monthly parking permit rates, to offset the loss of money that used to be generated by parking meters.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Man shot in Lincoln Square 51 min ago
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 24 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 15 min ago
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos