Chicago armed robbery suspect captured by surveillance camera
February 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A string of armed robberies has several Chicago area businesses on alert.
There have been nearly a dozen hold-ups over the last three weeks at convenience and drug stores on the city's North and West sides.
Surveillance cameras captured images of the suspect.
Police say, in each case, a man wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt enters the business and demands money from the cash register at gunpoint.
No one has been hurt in any of the robberies.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 37 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 40 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 27 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 41 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 17 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- Chicago street repaving begins
18 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
14 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos