Get your Illinois tax refund on your debit card
February 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you're getting a tax refund from the State of Illinois, you can choose to receive it on a debit card.
Taxpayers who use the Department of Revenue's "web file" site can receive any refund on a Visa debit card.
The option has been added to help families who may not have a traditional checking or savings accounts.
The Department of Revenue said the debit card option helps them avoid paying check-cashing fees.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- London theater balcony believed to have collapsed 11 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 12 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus