Get your Illinois tax refund on your debit card
February 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you're getting a tax refund from the State of Illinois, you can choose to receive it on a debit card.
Taxpayers who use the Department of Revenue's "web file" site can receive any refund on a Visa debit card.
The option has been added to help families who may not have a traditional checking or savings accounts.
The Department of Revenue said the debit card option helps them avoid paying check-cashing fees.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 10 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 57 min ago
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 42 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 5 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 3 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 18 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
10 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
18 min ago
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami...
42 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos