Suburban girl reunited with her soldier dad for Valentine's Day
February 14, 2013 (STREAMWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A west suburban fifth-grader received a sweet surprise for Valentine's Day.
Kayla Wolf received the best gift she could imagine: her father.
First Lieutenant Jordon Wolf surprised his daughter during an assembly at Ridge Circle Elementary in Streamwood.
Until Thursday's reunion, Kayla Wolf had not seen her father, who has been stationed in Afghanistan, in almost a year.
Jordon Wolf thanked his daughter's classmates for all the care packages they sent his unit.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits