Suburban girl reunited with her soldier dad for Valentine's Day
February 14, 2013 (STREAMWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A west suburban fifth-grader received a sweet surprise for Valentine's Day.
Kayla Wolf received the best gift she could imagine: her father.
First Lieutenant Jordon Wolf surprised his daughter during an assembly at Ridge Circle Elementary in Streamwood.
Until Thursday's reunion, Kayla Wolf had not seen her father, who has been stationed in Afghanistan, in almost a year.
Jordon Wolf thanked his daughter's classmates for all the care packages they sent his unit.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 41 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square 29 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Ford Mustang celebrates 50 years with new design 9 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
33 min ago
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
41 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos